AAEC Early College High Schools
“Academic Success Scholarship”
AAEC Early College High Schools was established in 1997 in an effort to assist high school students in their higher education aspirations. The schools in partnership with the Maricopa Community College District allow students to take transferable college courses during their high school tenure. Approximately 23% of the graduates complete Associate degrees prior to their high school graduation.
AAEC College Scholarships assist AAEC graduates in pursuing an associate degree. AAEC seniors apply for scholarships yearly and are awarded monies to assist in tuition or other college expenses.
- Be a senior at and plan to graduate from an AAEC High School.
- Plan to take classes at one of the Community Colleges that is associated with AAEC.
- Complete & submit the application to the AAEC district office; including the 1-page letter, “Academic Plan of Action,” official transcripts, and letters of recommendation.
· Can this money be used at a university such as ASU, GCU, or U of A?
o No, this scholarship is specifically designed to help students continue their education at one of the Maricopa Community Colleges or Yavapai College.
· I graduated with my associate degree from AAEC. Although I plan to continue my education at a Maricopa Community College; am I eligible?
o Yes, although this scholarship is aimed to help graduates complete their associate degree.
· If I apply, am I guaranteed to receive this scholarship?
o No, unfortunately funds are limited by the amount that is raised throughout the year. AAEC reserves the right to designate recipients based on their application.
· Where can I find the Scholarship Application?
o Please click here to download the application.
· Does graduating with my associate degree hurt my chances of receiving this scholarship?
o No, although this scholarship is aimed to help those finish their associate degree. AAEC realizes that success in life can be furthered by education, our goal is to help ensure success in as many ways as possible.