Arizona High Schools:
Arizona Agribusiness & Equine Center has been a successful high
school environment for 15 years. The schools are either Excelling or
Highly Qualified or graded “A” schools by the Arizona Learns.
Proper governance of charter schools is important for school-choice
parents. While outstanding student performance, lower teacher-student
ratios, and zero-tolerance policies are important for a child’s success in
school, overseeing a school’s compliance with state and federal regulations
assures the stability and longevity of the charter school.
The four members of the Arizona Agribusiness and Equine Center Inc Governing Board represent a stalwart, rock-solid board, that brings expertise and real-life experience from the educational and business fields. Compliance is assured for Arizona State Board for Charter Schools, Arizona Department of Education, and Arizona Corporation Commission requirements. Additionally, oversight is provided to the activities of the schools including timely and accurate reporting of all financial and budgetary matters.
Our Board members are passionate about the school and we are grateful for their personal efforts to participate on the Board. Please meet them!
Ms. Linda Proctor-Downing, Executive Director
- Founder of AAEC, she received a bachelor's degree from New Mexico State University in vocational agriculture and her Master’s from Arizona State University in Education Administration and Supervision.
- Extensive experience in the educational field as well as having served as Agribusiness Consultant for Arizona State University. Ms. Proctor-Downing is a member of the National Education Association, National Agriculture Teachers Association, Western Growers Association, and National Arabian Association, among other organizations.
- Responsible for overseeing all staff members, professional development, and review of curriculums and instruction
Ms. Pam Burns
- Served on AAEC Governing Board since its inception.
- Currently owns and operates Burns Pest Elimination with previous experience in boat manufacturing.
- Holds a real estate license and enjoys showing Arabian horses.
Ms. Linda McCormick
- Served on AAEC Governing Board since 2006.
- Currently employed as a teacher for Pendergast School District for the school’s gifted program.
- Received a teaching degree from Northern Arizona University. Additionally, she has a certification in General K-8 education with an endorsement for gifted education.
Mr. Michael Larrabee
- Served on AAEC Governing Board since 2002.
- Currently self-employed as residential and commercial general contractor.
- Attended Arizona State University and Glendale Community College studying business administration.
Dr. Ken C. Roberts
- Holds a Ph.D. from Arizona State University and participated in the initial development of the AAEC - Community College partnership
- Served as a College administrator for the Maricopa Community Colleges for 37 years and retired as Academic Vice President Emeritus
- Currently serves on a number of Boards and as a member of numerous community based organizations
Enroll your child in one of our Arizona high schools and start earning college credits today. Contact AAEC Early College High School for information about our campuses, read our FAQ, or enroll online today.